Friday, April 2, 2010

Ugh! I hate Sinus Infections!


"Essential oils do not heal you, they enable your body to heal itself." -Dr. David Hill
Just because I use essential oils daily does not mean I never get sick!  I wish that were so, but using them definitely makes the duration much shorter and the symptoms less severe.  Late last week I started feeling sick...runny noses, sore throats, the works!  As soon as I felt the sore throat coming on I started taking a drop of On Guard (Immune Blend) every hour!  I also put a drop of melalueca on my tongue (this was SUPER NASTY but it helps) and choked it down and my sore throat went away after about an hour or two.  The sinus pressure started building and I got a HORRIBLE headache.  I started applying Breathe on my nose and throat and PastTense on my temples and forehead every hour.  This all hit me at once last Saturday! I took on guard several times a day and diffused it in my house to keep the spread of germs at bay!  I also took 3 drops of oregano and melalueca in a capsule every day and night.  This whole week I was able to function completely and never felt like I had to be bound to my bed!  Monday was the only day I felt like I had to blow my nose all the time and usually that part of the sinus infection goes on for days and days and days!  I just kept the Breathe on my nose and throat.  My cough never got out of control.  As long as I kept Breathe on my throat I was good :)  It is now Friday and I am about 95% better.  Usually a Sinus infection that starts like this one lasts for at least two weeks and that is if I take it easy and am nearly bed bound for a day or two.  If I don't it may linger for  MONTH OR TWO or just keep coming back!!!  Also, you know how when you are sick and you can barely sleep because your nose is plugged and you wake up 50 times a night, your lips dry and cracking, your throat super dry and no mater how much water you drink it is never enough???  Then you have to pee like 5 times cuz you are drinking so much water?  Yeah, doesn't happen to me anymore!  I sleep propped on an extra pillow and keep breathe on my nose.  Works like a charm!  I sleep better therefore giving my body a better chance to rest and the tools it needs to fight off the infection.

1 comment:

  1. It's not easy having sinus infections. When you have sinusitis, it's next to impossible to concentrate on your studies and your daily tasks. My friend has been dealing with this kind of situation before, but with the help of medications, she's now getting better, and more focused on her job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails