Monday, April 5, 2010

My Kitchen Concoction


I don't know about the rest of you but it really grosses me out to think of all the germs that get on my kitchen counters and the many many sprays that I have purchased to kill them. Because this is something that is very important to me and has become even more of a stress since having a child, I decided to start using my essential oils since they have worked so well in other areas of my life. I started by putting drops of Lemon and On-Guard directly on my counters and sponge for my dishes. I then decided that I was wasting a lot of my oils and could get the same results by combining the oils with my detergent. So, I put 8 drops of Lemon and 10 drops of On-Guard in my detergent and then bought a $1.00 spray bottle and put 10 drops of On-Guard and 15 drops of Lemon into it, filled it up with water. Presto, I have my new counter cleaner spray! This concoction is something that I trust using around my toddler much more so than something with harsh chemicals in it and I feel that it kills the germs just as well if not better than these cleansers.
Another thing that I use this spray for is when I am using the FLY Lady's (http://www.flylady.net/) advise and cleaning my sink for the day. I have a stainless steel sink and when I spray this into the sink, let it sit for a couple of minutes then wipe it with a paper towel the towel is black and my sink is very shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails